Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Toppin' Proppin'



Top Props!

woah. one my favourite twitter people is: LAURA JANE FAULDS.
She is HILARIOUS.

I highly recommend following her on Twitter.

"Sexy Sadist"

sample tweet: ATTRACTIVE ATTRACTS ATTRACTIVE

i'm taking dr. skipper's advice & getting LINKS.
so i looked @ LJ's blog she writes for: NOGOODFORME

and i find this props stuff and that pic. wow. the fact that she described me as 'an immensely positive person' blows muh mind. I have also been described by others as 'an immensely negative person'. I am very concerned about these matters.

last nite i went out.
MIRACULOUSLY MANAGED to double elisa rose on my bike. for blocks. and blocks. i've never done this before. i assumed i couldn't do it. we went to different bars (i never do this!) and i kept saying: let's go. this one sucks. there's no one here' etc. As doc skipper would say: just like edie sedgwick would!

i tend to get bored in these situations..it is esp bad if i do not have my doodling materials. i end up TEXTING PEOPLE...like...my BROTHER or speshul frenz.

at one of the bars i saw my naturopath. she got to see me drinking jagermeister (it's herbal) and eating bites of elisa's pizza. ya. awesome. i am truly on track here.

saw my friend tara azzopardi's band HANK. they were really interesting (serge serge gainsbourg/weird garage rock). They wore white and it was all ladies and a showman & o & another man playing synths who was obscured by the crowd. the drummer lex vaughn was incredible. i told her so in the bathroom. i said, 'you're such an incredible drummer! so compelling to watch!' She seemed touched by my earnestness. (I love drummers. Keith Moon is my favourite. I especially love drummers who are controlling the rest of the band).

actually - Lex is a TOP-NOTCH PERFORMER.

shary said: Lex is the funniest person in Toronto.

jerri blank is the funniest person in the world.

here i sit with the garbage strike wafting in thru my window. this is very lame.
the summer sucks so far. the weather is a DRAG.

PS lex vaughn starred as PEEWEE in a live production of 'big adventure'. Lisa Smolkin played Dee Sneider. An excellent rendition of. I only got to see the youtube version. A huge heartfelt hard workin' production to fundraise funds for Toronto Cyclists Union. how cool is that?

PPS i watched PeeWee's Playhouse as a teen. Every Saturday morning. I was re-watching recently w/ some pals and we sat agape and mesmerized: 'did that really just happen?' We watched a 2-minute shot of a friendly dog eating a can of dogfood out of his dogfood dish. A super close-up shot. FOR TWO MINUTES. possibly longer! I couldn't believe it. We watched that dog eat all his dog food!!!
but yes. what a special show!
(child actor natasha lyonne plays OPAL)

No comments:

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies