Sunday, July 5, 2009

"You're A Goddess!"


This bowl blows
my mind.

It belongs to the lady i am subletting from (commitment issues. mine. plus my associations with "Gypsy Bikers". Needlesstosay, the sublet keeps extending itself).

I have eaten cereal out of this bowl.
The Blown Mind.

I laugh every time i look at it.

Why does the word 'goddess' make me cringe so?
I say 'god' every ten seconds. I don't cringe for that word.
why are they SO MANY negative connotations associated with that word?
Answer: The 90s.
Was used in The 70s.
I believe The 80s wiped the slate clean.
(back-pedalled..as did the spice girls to the feminist movement of 90s. devastating).

Obscenities:

"omfg" ("Oh My Fucking Goddess!")
'omg'



There was a mirror by the front door: red plastic heart-shaped frame - had a
"San Francisco" feeling to it - the STORE not the city...had text on it that read: "You are Great! I love you!"
you know..all the things we need to hear everyday all the time..every 10 seconds to really drill it home.
I couldn't take it the embarrassment of the mirror and shoved in a drawer.

To all the ladies in the world, i would just like to say:

YOU'RE FABULOUS!
YOU'RE AMAZING!
YOU'RE DIVINE!
YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!

YOU ARE A GODDESS!!!!!

No comments:

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies