Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"I've been to Vidal Sassoon!"







my pal jank and i were emailing half the day (lie) about rosemary's baby. fool finally saw it NOW. lucky him. shocking b/c he has seen EVERYTHING. As for me, I've been watching it on repeat since i was a teenager.
i usually watch it a couple of times a year..you can watch it on youtube. i see something different every time i tune in. that is what good art should do. this time i got very into the opening credits. so beautiful! so douglas sirk! (also obsessed w/the twin peaks' credits..neon green on the pacific northwest backdrop)
jank pointed out the first bloody scene on the pavement outside The Dakota and made the john lennon parallel. i thought the same thought. (People think the same thoughts).

I love the part where Minnie/Ruth Gordon's freaking out about the drink spillage on her carpet:
"The carpet! The carpet!"

I like the graphic so very much. I want that poster framed hanging over my bed: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY for all eternity. sleep tight, little one!

PS. Can you please do me a favour? Can you go on Facebook and join my fan page that this nice boy Craig in New Zealand set up for me about a year ago? It's called 'Sonja Ahlers'.
My website is still DOWN (good lord help us) & i have to attempt some type of web presence while i continue to be a perfectionistic noncommital RE website. I'm going to try to stay on 'fan page'.

1 comment:

jackiedewey said...

I've watched Rosemary's Baby with you.

Also, "A Handmaid's Tale" and "Fatal Attraction" - all super relevant films to your art.

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies