Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nikki's Selves/Madonna Shoe






found this on Tumblr. I love this beautiful extraction of The Selves by Nikki. It is precisely (one of) the reason why i do any of this..so others can find themselves in the work i put out there...a blank screen for the reader's/viewer's projection:

Childhood, pop culture and the feminine. Holly Hobby. Babies. Kittens. Princess Diana. The Olsen twins. Sexuality. Violence. Collage. Scrapbooking. Fuzzy things. Cuddling. Subjectivity. Legibility / Illegibility.

“she will not be difficult to work with. When her

baby vomits gently over a purple Balenciaga

dress she apologizes by doesn’t fuss”

Gender, as in female. Cat’s cradle. The invention of childhood. It Is The Future. Feminazi. Nighties. Whitesnake. Drew Barrymore. Cri de Couer. Honey. Quilting. The Angel in the House. Pussy Willow said “Meow!” Degrassi Junior High. Romance Novels. My other car is a Broom. Love’s Baby Soft: Because innocence is sexier than you think. Queens. Crying. What’s her problem? The killing of the Unicorn.

I gotta stop being a bitch.

Birds. Lace. Cherry Blossoms. Hamsters. Protection. Softness.

Mothers

and their

Adult Children

Healing

Ourselves

the other with freedom but no respect. But economics abhors a vac-

uum and the whore class—which over time grew to include strip-

pers, peep-sho

It was somebody else’s idea of ourselves.

not quite

The

Weekend

Witch

self-

control

She’s had enough.

-Nikki

Thank you, Nikki!

As for "Madonna Shoe"...all those watercolours are by my favourite leading lady rendering Brooke Nechvatel. And since we're talking in turquoise...I'll leave you with 'Union City Blue' by Blondie...'re-arrange my mind/in turquoise/union city blue'

probably my favourite Blondie song. But. Then there's Dreaming

I'm going to ride the bike around the lake now. I'll dunk my head while I'm @ it.
thanks for being here!
s

No comments:

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

basement studio with monster hiding in the corner

Ahlers

going on about Random Avenue, friends, art (maybe), rock (sometimes), movies, current events, childhood memories & other things like bunnies